Grilled Pork Chops Diablo
Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
Zucchini (Courgette) with Balsamic Vinegar
Cooking time: 35 minutes for menu Cooking schedule: see below for instructions
Still getting those lovely zucchini from the garden.....
Pork Chops Diablo, Grilled, summer version
Total time: 30 minutes
Pork chops with a kick, marinated and cooked on the barbecue grill. If you want them hotter, more 'devilish' you could add a drop or 2 of Tabasco or other hot sauce.
- 2 - 4 pork chops - depending on size 12oz total weight (360gr)
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and brush on chops. Let marinate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cook on barbecue for 4 - 7 minutes a side or until done. Should be slightly pink in center when done - take a peak (techniques).
- Or fry in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat the same amount of time. Serve.
Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
Total time: 35 minutes
Simple, grilled or roasted potatoes are perfect with equally simple, grilled meats. These have a coating or crispy, golden Parmesan cheese when finished.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- Slice potatoes in half the long way, then in half again. Then slice in half or thirds the short way.
- Put remaining ingredients into large bowl and mix well.
- Add potatoes and stir, coating thoroughly.
- Put them into a pan used for the barbecue grill and cook for 25 - 30 minutes or until done... and you will need to stir them with a long-handled wooden spoon occasionally as they tend to develop 'hot spots' and can get a little crispy.
- Or you can roast them in the oven. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet with rim (I use my trusty, round pizza pan) Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
Sautéed Zucchini (Courgette) with Balsamic Vinegar
Total time: 25 minutes
Sliced zucchini, sautéed in garlic oil and finished with a bit of good Balsamic vinegar and some fresh herbs; simply delicious! If you like, rather than discarding the garlic, you could mince it and sprinkle on the finished veg.
- 1 medium zucchini, about 7" (17cm) long
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, snipped
- Thinly slice zucchini (courgette).
- Heat oil in medium, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add whole, peeled garlic cloves and cook until golden.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add zucchini slices and sauté over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vinegar and the herbs, and sauté 1 minute longer.
Cooking schedule: 35 minutes
Assemble all food, utensils and serving dishes
Utensils: measuring cups, spoons, knives,
scissors, small bowl, medium bowl, medium skillet,
dish for marinating, barbecue grill, grill pan
Turn on/light barbecue grill
Mix oil, paprika, Parmesan in medium bowl
Cut potatoes, add to bowl, stir to coat
Put potatoes in grill pan, cook
Make marinade, spoon over pork, set aside
Sauté garlic for zucchini
Remove garlic, add zucchini
Start to cook pork
Stir/turn zucchini slices
Wait for everything to finish
Remove pork chops
Add vinegar, herbs to zucchini