Braised Beef and Mushroom Pasta
Total time: 25 minutes
Sautéed mushrooms and onions round out the leftover braised beef for a simple pasta dish. If you don't have enough sauce left you can add some beef stock or red wine and thicken with a bit of cornstarch.
- leftover braised beef
- leftover sauce, about 1 cup
- 1 onion
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms, wild or cultivated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup bite-size pasta penne, curly macaroni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, drain.
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned, 10 minutes longer.
- Cut the beef into smaller chunks. Add beef, sauce to skillet and heat through.
- When pasta is done, add to skillet and stir well to combine. Serve.
Note: This uses the beef from Beef Braised in Chianti or Boeuf Bourguignon