Pasta with Tuna, Cannellini and Fresh Tomato Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
This is a cross between a winter pasta dish and a summer pasta salad; quick, simple, great for midweek.
- 9oz (270gr) tuna
- 1 3/4 cup (15oz, 450gr) cannellini
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/2 cup green or Kalamata or Greek olives
- 4 garden fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbs fresh snipped chives
- 2 tbs fresh snipped oregano
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 120gr) pasta, penne, fusilli
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain tuna and put into a large salad bowl.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to tuna.
- Snip herbs and add to bowl.
- Thinly slice celery and add to bowl.
- Slice olives, add.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cup half of a tomato in your hand and rub it on the big holes of a box (or other style) grater until all that is left in your hand is the skin. You'll have to press a bit, but not too hard, be careful not to grate your hand.
- Repeat with as many halves as you think you want/need. You end up with fresh tomato sauce with no skin... and no cooking. Depending on size of tomatoes you will want to do 3 or 4.
- Add to bowl and toss all to combine.
- Drain pasta and add pasta to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and stir gently. Serve.