Braised Pork Chops with Peppers and Olives
Total time: 25 minutes
Pork chops, quickly seared to caramelize the surface, then braised for 15 minutes with peppers, olives and a bit of spicy tomato sauce makes an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 - 4 pork chops, depending on size, (12oz, 360gr) total weight
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 onion
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green or black olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- Chop onion and pepper.
- Mince garlic.
- In medium nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork chops until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and set aside. Add chili powder, onions, garlic, pepper to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
- Return chops to pan.
- Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and olives. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 - 15 minutes, until chops are done and tender.