Shrimp with Capers, Lemon, and Feta on Orzo
Total time: 25 minutes
Shrimp with a Mediterranean flavor: capers, lemon, feta, black olives, served on a bed of herbed orzo.
- 12oz (360gr) shrimp
- 1 lemon, 3 - 4 tbs juice
- 2 tbs capers
- 15 Greek dry-cured olives
- 3oz (90gr) feta cheese
- 3 tbs good olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (4.5oz, 130gr) orzo
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Cook orzo in rapidly boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss orzo with herbs and 1 tbs olive oil.
- Clean shrimp if needed.
- Juice lemon.
- Pit and roughly chop olives.
- Cut feta into small cubes.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp, cook until they curl and turn opaque.
- Add lemon juice, capers, olives and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in feta.
- To finish: Divide orzo onto two plates.
- Top with shrimp and juices