Baked Cod Provençal
Total time: 30 minutes
Green garlic, black olives and cherry tomatoes finish this simple, baked fish.
- 12oz (360gr) cod, halibut, or other firm, white fish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4oz (120gr) cherry tomatoes about 1 cup
- 4 green garlic or 3 green onions and 1 clove garlic
- 12 black olives (1/2 cup) I used dry-cured Greek olives
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tbs oil
- Place fish on a baking sheet.
- Mix 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, drizzle on fish.
- Bake fish, 400F (200C) for 15 - 20 minutes, depending on thickness, until done. Fish is done when it starts to turn opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Trim and slice green garlic, using as much green as you can.
- Pit olives if needed and roughly chop.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil, green garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add olives, tomatoes, thyme and heat through. The tomatoes should just start to soften.
- Spoon over fish and serve.