Stuffed 8-Ball Zucchini (Courgette)
Total time: 35 minutes
The squash I used were about the size of a tennis ball. I mixed a bit of Parmesan and breadcrumbs with the tomato to soak up some of the juices from the squash. If yours are larger, just do 1 and divide it.
- 2 small, round "8-ball" zucchini (courgette), about 150gr (5oz) each
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 4 tbs (1oz, 30gr) shredded cheese
- Cut the stem end off of the zucchini.
- With a small spoon scrape out the seeds and flesh from the center, leaving a shell about 3/8" (1cm) thick. If they don't sit flat slice a bit off the bottom.
- Chop the tomato into small chunks.
- Mince garlic.
- Put the tomato, garlic, paprika, basil, Parmesan and bread crumbs into a small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon tomato mixture into the zucchini, pressing it in to fill.
- Put the zucchini into a small baking dish, cover with foil and bake, 400F (200C) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and carefully sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese starts to brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove and serve.