Coq au Vin Pasta
Total time: 25 minutes
This is an easy use of leftovers: just cut, combine and heat!
- 1 1/4 cup (4.2oz, 120gr) bite-size pasta (penne, rigatoni)
- leftover coq au vin, chicken, mushrooms and shallots
- 2 shallots, medium
- 1 tsp olive oil
- leftover sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, Drain.
- Slice shallots.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the leftover coq au vin into small, bite-size pieces and add to skillet.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sauce to skillet and heat through.
- When pasta is done, drain and toss with chicken and sauce. Add more sauce if needed and heat through. Serve.
Note: if you don't have enough sauce add a bit of chicken stock and 1 - 2 tbs tomato paste to skillet.