Chicken Braised in Sherry Vinegar
Total time: 25 minutes
This is a slightly spicy. slightly tart sauce, simply reduced a bit and served with the onions.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbs sherry vinegar
- 3 tbs sherry
- 4 tbs chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add paprika, cumin and sauté 1 minutes.
- Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, just until starting to brown.
- Move to the side, add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add vinegar, sherry, stock, cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce sauce slightly. Serve.