Beef Patties with Paprika Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
We use 10oz and make 2 nice burgers. The Paprika Sauce is a bit more 'adult' than the usual ketchup. If you don't have tomato sauce, use 1/3 cup more chicken stock and 1 tbs more tomato paste.
- 10oz ground beef (300gr mince)
- 2 tbs dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion
1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) tomato sauce
1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Mix breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder and paprika.
- Add beef and mix thoroughly - hands are best. Shape into 2 or 3 patties.
Roughly chop onion.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add patties (moving onions to the side, but leave in pan) and sauté 5 - 7 minutes per side.
- Remove burgers and keep warm.
- Add paprika and sauté 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, stock and vinegar, bring to a simmer, stirring up the browned bits.
- Stir in tomato paste, spoon over burgers and serve.