Chevre Stuffed Burgers
Total time: 25 minutes
A bit of creamy goat cheese in the center keeps these burgers very moist and adds a lovely flavor.
- 12oz (360gr) ground beef
- 2oz (60gr) chevre (goat cheese) (the little cartons of creamy goat cheese, Chavrie in U.S. Chevraux in France)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs bread crumbs
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- In a small bowl mix basil, bread crumbs, garlic and chevre.
- Make 4 patties of the beef.
- Spread half of the goat cheese/crumb mix on each of 2 patties, spreading to within 1/3" (1cm) of the edge.
- Place remaining 2 patties on top. Work edges to seal.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add patties and fry, 5 - 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- In a small bowl mix ketchup, Worcestershire and mustard.
- Spread on top of the burgers after turning.
- When done, remove and serve.