Beef Braised in Chianti, leftovers
Total time: 10 min
- leftover Beef Braised in Chianti
- Cut beef into smaller pieces.
- Gently reheat beef with leftover sauce.
- Serve over Mashed Potato Patties.
Note: This uses the beef from Beef Braised in Chianti or Boeuf Bourguignon
Garlic Mashed Potato Patties Time: 20 minute s
A great way to use up any left over mashed potatoes ...I always make extra just for this!
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs olive oil or butter
- Lightly whisk egg in a medium bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a fork so they are not stiff.
- Add mashed potatoes to egg and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dividing potato mixture into fourths, spoon into hot skillet and shape into patties with the back of the spoon. The patties should be about an inch thick (2.5 cm).
- Sauté 10 minutes on each side, turning once. They should be nicely browned. Be careful turning them so they don't break apart - if they do, just pat them back together.
- Serve hot.