Tuna Cannellini Pasta Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing
Total time: 25 minutes
With the addition of white beans this becomes a main meal pasta salad. Using a yogurt based rather than mayonnaise based dressing keeps it healthy... but still creamy.
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 125gr) farfalle pasta
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- 9oz (270gr) tuna
- 1 3/4 cup (15oz, 450gr) white beans (cannellini)
- 3oz (90gr) cherry tomatoes, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 - 3 ribs sliced celery, about 2/3 cup
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper
- 1 tbs fresh snipped tarragon
- 1 tbs fresh snipped chives
- Creamy Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh snipped chives Substitute 2 tsp dried
- 1 tbs fresh snipped tarragon Substitute 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When done, drain, rinse with cool water, put in a large bowl and toss with 1 tbs olive oil.
- Open, drain and rinse beans.
- Open and drain tuna.
- Cut cherry tomatoes and olives in half.
- Slice celery - diagonally is nice.
- Cut pepper into matchsticks, then in half.
- Snip herbs.
- Make dressing:
- nip tarragon and chives with scissors.
- In small bowl whisk yogurt, mustard and lemon juice.
- Add oil, a bit at a time and whisk well. Add herbs. This will keep a week.
- Add half of the dressing to the pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Break up tuna and add to pasta along with the rest of the ingredients,
- Toss lightly to combine. Taste and add as much more dressing as desired. I used it all.