Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken
Total time: 25 minutes
This is not the prettiest salad, pesto usually isn't... But the taste is wonderful: the feta and Greek Olives adding just the right amount of contrast to the chicken and pasta.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Marinade for chicken breasts:
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pasta Salad:
- 1 1/4 cup (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta: gemelli, fusilli, penne
- 3oz (90gr) cherry tomatoes about 1/2 cup before slicing
- 3oz (90gr) feta
- 1/2 cup Greek or Kalamata olives
- 2 tbs fresh snipped chives
- 2 tbs Greek or plain yogurt
- 4 tbs pesto
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Chicken Breasts:
- Mix Worcestershire, vinegar, basil and oil in a small bowl.
- Pour over chicken and allow to marinate a few minutes.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut feta into small cubes or crumble.
- Pit olives, if needed, and cut in half or thirds.
- Snip chives.
- Cook chicken, either on barbecue grill or nonstick skillet, 7 - 10 minutes per side, or until done.
- When done, remove and slice.
- To finish:
- In pasta bowl, mix pesto, oil and yogurt.
- When pasta is done drain, rinse lightly with cool water, drain well and add to pesto in bowl. Toss to coat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, olives, feta and chives, toss gently to combine and serve.
Note: If using leftover chicken, cut into bite-size pieces and add to pasta.