Ham, Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad
Total time: 25 minutes
I love cold ham in salads of any type and beans with basil is always a hit. Here, it all comes together with a lower fat/calorie dressing of half mayonnaise and half Greek Yogurt.
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta, bite-size - fusilli, rigatoni, penne
- 1 tbs olive oil, for salads
- 10oz (300gr) deli-style (baked) ham
- 6oz (180gr) green beans
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tbs fresh basil, snipped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse in cold water and toss with olive oil.
- Top and tail beans, cut into 1 inch lengths.
- Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
- While the beans cook fill a large bowl or pan 3/4 full of cold water.
- When the beans are done, drain and dump into the cold water. Swirl around until cool then drain and set aside.
- Snip herbs.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut ham into inch squares (or cubes depending on how thick) - or larger if you prefer.
- In small bowl whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and lemon juice.
- Put pasta, ham, beans, herbs and tomatoes in large salad bowl.
- Add mayonnaise dressing and toss lightly to combine - a tongs works well. Serve.