Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Total time: 30 minutes
I know the classic Caesar Salad is made with Romaine lettuce, and dressed with a raw egg, olive oil and lots of garlic. This dressing lightens it, makes it a bit healthier, but still keeps the flavor of the original Caesar. Plus, it makes a great main course for summer!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta - fusilli, shells, penne
- 1 tbs good olive oil
- Caesar dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs tarragon white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 anchovy filets, mashed or 1 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 2 tbs good olive oil
- 1 tbs snipped fresh chives
- 3 tbs Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- When done, drain, put into a large serving bowl and toss with 1 tbs olive oil.
- Mix chili powder, Worcestershire and garlic.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite size pieces or strips and toss with chili powder mixture.
- Cook on barbecue grill in a pan or sauté in nonstick skillet on stove. Either way cooking time is 5 - 7 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Caesar Dressing:
- Mince garlic and put in small bowl.
- Add mustard, lemon, Worcestershire, vinegar and yogurt (and anchovies, if using) and mix well with wire whisk.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil whisking constantly.
- Whisk in Parmesan and chives.
- To finish:
- Add cooked chicken and 2/3 dressing to pasta and toss to mix. (A tongs works great for this!)
- After mixing taste and add rest of dressing if you like. Serve.