Caprese Pasta Salad with Salami
Total time: 25 minutes
Salami packs an enormous amount of taste into a very small package. The Balsamic Vinaigrette enhances the sweetness of the salami and the mellowness of the mozzarella.
- 4oz (120gr) salami
- 1 package (ball) mozzarella di Bufala (4oz, 120gr)
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90) cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 ribs celery
- Fresh basil - about 1/2 cup of leaves
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta, farfalle
- 1 tbs good olive oil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with olive oil.
- Slice salami in quarters.
- Thinly slice celery.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Slice mozzarella, then cut into 1/2" (1.25cm) cubes.
- Tear large basil leaves, leave small ones whole.
- Make vinaigrette:
- Mix mustard and vinegar.
- Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Should be thick.
- To assemble:
- Add vinaigrette to pasta and toss to combine.
- Add tomatoes, celery, mozzarella, salami to pasta and toss lightly.
- Top with basil leaves and serve.