Salad with Turkey, Beans and Feta
Total time: 20 minutes
I can get small cans of beans so I like to combine different types and colors. If you only have access to the 15oz (450gr) cans or jars use all 1 type/color... which ever you prefer. The turkey cooks quickly, either on the BBQ or in a nonstick skillet.
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes
- 8oz (240gr) red kidney beans
- 8oz (240gr) white beans (cannellini) or all one color
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) dry-cured, Greek olives
- 2oz (60gr) feta, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, snipped if large leaves
- Lettuce - enough for 2 main meal salads
- Marinade for turkey:
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbs salad olive oil
- Mix all ingredients for marinade, spoon on to turkey and set aside.
- Crush garlic.
- Mix garlic, vinegar and mustard.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Open and drain the beans.
- Clean and slice the pepper into bite-size sticks.
- Cut the tomatoes and olives in half.
- Wash and spin-dry the lettuce.
- Tear the lettuce and put into a large salad bowl along with the oregano.
- Cook turkey on barbecue grill or sauté in nonstick skillet until done, 4 - 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Remove and let rest while assembling the salad.
- To assemble:
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the lettuce and toss well to coat.
- Add beans, peppers and the rest of the vinaigrette, toss well.
- Slice turkey into strips.
- Add turkey, tomatoes and olives, toss gently.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and serve.