Salad with Pork, Green Beans and Mozzarella
Total time: 35 minutes
A cold salad can be just the thing for a hot summer evening.
- 10oz (300gr) leftover Brined and Grilled Pork
- 1 ball mozzarella de Bufala, usually around 8oz (250gr) package weight , 4oz (125gr) net weight
- 1 - 2 ripe tomatoes
- 6oz (180gr) green beans
- 10oz (300gr) potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- enough lettuce for 2 main dish salads
- handful fresh basil
- 2 tbs fresh, snipped chives
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- The potatoes:
- Slice potatoes in half the long way, then in half again. Then slice in half or thirds the short way.
- Put olive oil in a large bowl, add potatoes and stir to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet with rim (I use my trusty, round pizza pan) Bake at 400F for 30 minutes. You can stir/turn once if you like to fuss but I usually don't bother.
- The beans:
- Top and tail beans and cut into 1 inch lengths.
- Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
- While the beans cook fill a medium bowl or pan 3/4 full of cold water. When the beans are done, drain and dump into the cold water. Swirl around until cool then drain and set aside.
- The rest:
- Prepare lettuce, tear and put into a large salad bowl.
- Tear large basil leaves, snip chives and add herbs to salad.
- Cut pork into strips.
- Cut cheese and tomatoes into large chunks.
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- To finish:
- Add 2 - 3 tbs vinaigrette to lettuce and toss well to combine. Taste, adjust.
- Arrange the pork, beans, potatoes, tomatoes and cheese nicely on the lettuce and serve, extra vinaigrette on the side.