Pork Chops with Rosemary
Total time: 30 minutes
Browned quickly, then braised for a bit in white wine and rosemary, these come together quickly but are wonderfully tender. If your chops are quite thick you may want to increase cooking time by 5 - 8 minutes.
- 2 - 4 pork chops, depending on size, 12oz (360gr) total
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) white wine
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek yogurt, or plain or sour cream
- In nonstick skillet large enough to hold the chops heat 1 tbs oil over medium-high heat. Add chops and sauté about 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Add wine, stock, rosemary and dry mustard, cover reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. or longer
- To finish: Uncover and increase heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in small bowl or measuring cup.
- Remove pork chops to small platter or plate and cover with the lid.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in yogurt. Pour over chops and serve.