Pork Chops with Mushroom Pan Sauce
Total time: 35 minutes
Braised pork chops, with a simple pan sauce of mushrooms, onions and chili powder.
- 2 - 4 pork chops, depending on size, 12oz (360gr) total weight
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) beef stock
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Clean mushrooms, slice thickly.
- Roughly chop onion.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chili powder and sauté briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add onions and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock and deglaze pan, stirring up any browned bits.
- Add vinegar, tomato paste and stir well.
- Return chops to pan, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes longer.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve.