Pork Chops with Lemon/Soy Glaze
Total time: 30 minutes
This has a piquant sauce: dark, spicy, salty, sour, wonderful. The pork chops I use are thin, about 3/8" (3/4cm). If yours are thicker increase cooking time to 15 minutes.
- 2 - 4pork chops 12 - 16oz, 360 - 480gr (depending on bones)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup beef or chicken stock
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs fresh, minced
ginger or 1/2 tsp dried, ground ginger
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch (or thickener of choice) dissolved in 1 1/2 tbs water
- Squeeze lemon.
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, stock and tomato paste in a dish.
- Add pork chops turning to coat and allow to marinate.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger in oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops (reserving marinade) and brown - pushing onion mixture to sides of pan to prevent burning.
- Add reserved marinade and cook, covered 8 - 10 minutes longer or until done.
- Remove chops from pan.
- Thicken pan juices by adding cornstarch mixture and stirring well. Pour over chops and serve.