Pork Chops Creole
Total time: 40 minutes
Use boneless chops for this if you can get them. The lively sauce keeps them tender even though they are only simmered 20 minutes or so..
- 2 - 4 pork chops, depending on size, 12oz (360gr) boneless weight
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs chicken stock
- 1 tsp oregano
- Mince garlic.
- Cut onion into quarters and slice thickly.
- Thickly slice green pepper, then cut slices in half.
- Clean mushrooms and slice.
- In medium nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté pork chops until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add chili powder, garlic, onions, pepper and mushrooms to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
- Return chops to pan. Spread ketchup and Worcestershire sauce over top.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 - 30 minutes, turning once and stirring sauce, until chops are done and tender.