Baked Lamb Chops with Persillade
Total time: 20 minutes
Persillade is what goes into Escargot Bourguignon to make it so delicious. It goes into a lot of other dishes in France as well. Baking lets the persillade stay on the chops rather than in the pan.
- 4 - 6 lamb chops, depending on size, about 16oz total (480gr)
- 3 tbs persillade which is
- 2 tbs parsley, fresh or dried
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped, very finely, together
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Finely mince garlic and parsley together.
- Place a shallow rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of the chops with oil.
- Sprinkle with, and press in, the persillade on both sides of the chops.
- Place the chops on the rack and bake, 450F (225C) oven for 7 - 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Mine were 3/4" thick (2cm) and I baked them for 7 minutes for medium rare. If yours are 1" thick (2.5cm) I would suggest 8 - 9 minutes. If they are 2" thick (5cm) I would suggest 15 minutes. They will not 'brown' but do stay incredibly moist and succulent.
- Remove from oven and serve.