Lamb Chops with White Beans
Total time: 30 minutes
Some people always serve mint sauce with lamb. I prefer lentils or white beans. You can substitute Pork Chops, if you prefer, just cook a bit longer, although even pork can be faintly pink inside...
- 4 - 6 lamb chops, depending on size and hunger
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups (15oz, 450gr) white beans, cannellini, drained, rinsed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tbs dried sage
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- White Beans:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in medium saucepan. Add shallot, carrot, garlic and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add sage, beans and white wine.
- Cover reduce
- heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add vinegar, stir.
- Spoon onto a small platter, add lamb chops and serve.
- Lamb Chops:
- Sprinkle rosemary and garlic powder on lamb chops.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chops and sauté 2 - 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chop and desired doneness. Make a slit and peak if not certain.
- Remove, place on platter with beans and serve.