Braised Lamb with Red Peppers
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
The red peppers and orange carrots combine for a very vibrant dish - both in color and flavor. You could substitute pork.
- 12oz (360gr) boneless lamb, shoulder or leg meat
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 8 garlic cloves
- 15oz (450gr) whole tomatoes, drained, no sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Slice onion.
- Peel garlic, but leave whole.
- Cut pepper and carrots into matchsticks.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juices for another use. Roughly chop tomatoes.
- Cut lamb into large pieces and trim excess fat.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot or Dutch oven with tight-fitting lid. Add onion, sauté until browned and starting to get crisp, remove.
- Add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Return the onions to the pot, add spices, pepper, carrots, garlic, wine and tomatoes.
- Cover, turn heat to low and braise for 60 minutes.
- When done, spoon meat and vegetables onto a platter and serve.