Lamb Chops with Rosemary Butter
Total time: 20 minutes
Lamb chops with Rosemary.... Is there a more perfect combination? Use the light marinade before grilling, then finish with a dollop of rosemary mustard butter to melt onto the hot chops. You can substitute Pork Chops if you prefer.
- 4 - 6 center-cut lamb chops, depending on size
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Rosemary Mustard Butter:
- 1 tbs chopped fresh rosemary substitute 2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tsp soft butter
- Mix oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and 1 tsp rosemary.
- Brush on chops and and allow to marinate until ready to cook chops.
- Cook chops on barbecue grill for 2 - 5 minutes a side depending on thickness and desired degree of doneness (I don't know if that is a word - but you get the idea). We do ours on a hot grill 2 minutes per side for medium rare. When you think they might be close take one off, cut into center and peak. You can always put them back on to cook more - you cannot undo...
- You could also sauté in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about the same amount of time.
- When done to your liking remove from heat, put 1 tsp rosemary butter on each chop and serve.
- To make Butter: Mix all ingredients, and allow to rest at room temperature to blend flavors.