Spinach, Pimiento and Feta Salad
Total time: 25 minutes
This is almost a pantry salad with white beans, pimentos or roasted red peppers from a jar and Greek olives. Get salad ready spinach and it's a snap.
- 3oz (90gr) fresh spinach
- 3oz (90gr) pimiento or roasted red pepper net weight
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180gr, net weight) white beans, cannellini
- 12 Greek, dry-cured olives
- 1.5oz (45gr) feta cheese
- 2 tbs chives or garlic chives
- Sherry Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tbs olive oil for salads
- Open, drain and rinse beans. Refrigerate unused portion.
- Slice pimiento
- Wash spinach if necessary, spin dry. Tear, if needed.
- Pit olives if needed, slice in half.
- The salad: In a medium bowl mix vinegar and mustard.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Add beans, chives, olives and peppers. Stir well to combine.
- Divide spinach and put on 2 plates.
- Top with salad, sprinkle with feta and serve.