Spicy Turkey with Peas and Peppers
Total time: 30 minutes
Cumin and ginger add a bit of spice to this dish, the cherry tomatoes and peas a bit of color.
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets or tenderloin or you can use chicken
- 1 onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs minced ginger, about 4 thin slices
- 4oz (120gr) cherry tomatoes, about 1 cup
- 4oz (120gr) peas, about 3/4 cup, frozen, no sauce
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Thinly slice onion.
- Peel, mince garlic and ginger.
- Cut green pepper into thick strips, then cut in half.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Remove peas from freezer and set aside until needed.
- Cut turkey into strips or bite-size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, pepper to skillet and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add turkey and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Add chicken stock, peas, cover and simmer 5 minutes, until peas are hot.
- Add cherry tomatoes and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cornstarch / water mixture.