Turkey Cutlets Piccata
Total time: 25 minutes
Thinly sliced turkey cutlets cook quickly and are a great substitute for the veal cutlets normally used in this dish. If you can't get them get a turkey tenderloin and either slice it into thin cutlets yourself or ask your butcher. You could also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 2 - 4 turkey cutlets, 12oz, (360gr)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbs capers
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock (broth)
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) white wine
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena, corn flower) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Chop the onion.
- Slice the lemon and pick the seeds out of the slices.
- In medium nonstick skillet sauté the onion until tender.
- Move onions to sides of pan and sauté turkey cutlets until lightly brown on both sides.
- Add the chicken stock, wine and the capers.
- Place the lemon slices on top of the turkey cutlets, cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey cutlets (with lemon slices on top) to a platter and keep warm.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and heat, stirring until thick.
- Serve cutlets with sauce on the side - sprinkle on more capers if you like.