Chicken Thighs in Wine and Vinegar
Total time: 25 minutes
I skinned the thighs, but left the bone. They are braised in a flavorful white wine, Balsamic vinegar and herb sauce.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) white wine
- 3 tbs Balsamic wine vinegar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- Skin the thighs by simply pulling it off. You may need to cut in a few places. Discard skin.
- Finely chop onion and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock, wine, vinegar, tomato paste, herbs and stir to combine.
- Turn the thighs once or twice to coat with sauce. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- To finish: Remove thighs to a small platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Increase heat under sauce, add cornstarch and stir until thickened and clear.
- Spoon over chicken thighs and serve.