Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Chevre
Total time: 30 minutes
This is a quick pan sauce, thickened with creamy goat cheese.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 onion
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 2oz (60gr) soft goat cheese, chevre, about 1/3 carton
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Clean and thickly slice mushrooms.
- Roughly chop onion.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 7 minutes total. Remove.
- Add onions, mushrooms, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, add tomato sauce, oregano, cover, turn heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and cover with the pan lid to keep warm.
- Add goat cheese to skillet, stirring well to melt and combine.
- Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve.