Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Lemon & Capers
Total time: 30 minutes
Chicken breasts, bathed in a light lemon and caper sauce, are always a refreshing main course
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbs capers
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Peel and slice onion.
- Slice lemon, discarding ends, and remove pips.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add onion and sauté until tender, 7 - 8 minutes.
- Move onion to sides of pan and add chicken breasts. Sauté until light brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add chicken stock and capers.
- Arrange lemon slices on top of chicken breasts. If you have too many slices just put directly in the stock.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer about 10 minutes, until chicken is done.
- To finish:
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Remove chicken and lemon slices to a plate and cover with the lid from the pan.
- Turn heat up and when stock is boiling add cornstarch mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Serve chicken with lemon-caper sauce on the side.