Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Bacon and Mushrooms
Total time: 30 minutes
One cannot go wrong with mushrooms and bacon.... A bit decadent, perhaps, but life is for living. My bacon is very lean, so I have to sauté it in oil. Use it or not, as needed.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 2oz (60gr) bacon about 2 - 3 slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125ml) white wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch (maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Roughly chop onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Clean and thickly slice mushrooms.
- Roughly chop bacon.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon, onion, garlic, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Move onion/mushrooms to the sides of the pan.
- Add chicken breasts and brown lightly on both sides, about 7 minutes total.
- Add white wine, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is done, 10 - 15 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Increase heat under skillet.
- Add cornstarch mixture to mushroom bacon sauce, stirring until thickened.
- Spoon over chicken and serve.