Oatmeal Drop Biscuits
Total time: 20 minutes
Very easy, just drop and bake. The egg and 3 tsp of baking powder make these raise quickly and get quite large and light.
- 1/2 cup (2.25oz, 70gr) white all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2.1oz, 65gr) whole wheat flour or all white
- 1/2 cup (1.5oz, 45gr) oatmeal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) milk
- Combine flours, oatmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the butter and cut in with a pastry cutter, fork or 2 knives until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk egg lightly.
- Add milk, honey and whisk lightly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
- Dividing the dough into 6ths, spoon onto nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 400F (200C) oven or until lightly browned.
- Remove and serve immediately.