Total time: 30 minutes
The tender veal scallops cook quickly and are finished with a sauce of mushrooms, paprika and yogurt. Chicken breasts, pounded thin, or turkey scallops can substitute for the veal. Both would need a bit more cooking.
- 12oz (360gr) veal cutlets, thinly sliced - scallops
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cornstarch (maizena)
- 1 tbs water
tbs olive oil
- Trim and slice mushrooms.
- Cut onion in half, then slice vertically.
- Mince garlic.
- In a large, nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add veal and quickly brown on both sides, about 1 1/2 minutes each. Remove to a platter.
- Add paprika, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and sauté 5 - 8 minutes, until tender and starting to brown slightly.
- Add white wine, Worcestershire, and stir well, scraping up any brown bits.
- Add veal and any juices on the platter, cover and simmer 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove veal back to platter and cover with the hot pan lid.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into skillet, thickening sauce.
- Stir in yogurt and heat through, without boiling.
- Spoon sauce over veal and serve.