Beef Patties with Caramelized Onions
Total time: 35 minutes
We use 10oz and make 2 nice burgers. If you want more meat just increase everything else (not the caramelized onions) proportionately.
- 10oz (300gr) ground beef
- 2 tbs bread crumbs
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs red wine (or beef stock or ketchup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- Mix bread crumbs, mustard, red wine, garlic powder and thyme.
- Add beef and mix thoroughly - hands are best. Shape into 2 or 3 patties.
- Cut onions in half then into 1/4 inch (.65cm) think slices.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover onions and sauté until browned, stirring frequently, another 15 minutes.
- Add patties (moving onions out of the way but leave in pan) and sauté 5 - 7 minutes per side.
- Remove burgers and keep warm.
- Add sugar and mustard to onions and stir until well blended and sugar is melted.
- Spoon over burgers and serve.