Provençal Beef and Mushroom Pasta
Total time: 25 minutes
Sautéed mushrooms and onions round-out the leftover beef and carrots. Serve over pasta for an easy one-dish dinner.
- leftover Beef Provençal
- leftover sauce, about 1 cup if you don't have enough left, add beef stock or red wine, thicken with a bit of cornstarch
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 - 2 carrots optional
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta, bite size
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut onion in half, then in half again. Slice onion (you'll have quarter circle slices).
- Mince garlic.
- Trim and slice mushrooms.
- Peel and slice carrots if using.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Add carrots and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add onions and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned, about 7 minutes longer.
- Cut beef into bite-size pieces. Add beef, leftover carrots and sauce to mushroom mixture, cover and simmer 5 - 10 minutes.
- To finish: Put drained pasta into a large bowl. Pour beef and vegetables over, stir well to combine and serve.