Spinach Salad with Pork, Potatoes and Mozzarella
Total time: 30 minutes
Pork tenderloin, sliced thickly and sautéed, makes a very tender addition to this spinach salad.
- 12oz (360gr) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 medium potatoes, (10oz, 300gr)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 10 little balls mozzarella about 2.5oz (75gr)
10 cherry tomatoes
- 6oz (180gr) fresh spinach, for salads
- Sherry Vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 3 tbs good olive oil
- Cut potatoes into bite-size cubes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium skillet. Add potatoes and sauté, medium heat, until well browned on all sides, tossing and stirring as needed for 20 - 25 minutes
- Slice pork into 1/2" (1.25cm) thick slices.
- Sprinkle both sides with cumin, paprika and garlic.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Add pork and sauté, medium-high heat, until cooked through, about 2 - 4 minutes per side.
- Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Put mustard and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. You may have to stop adding oil and just whisk - you don't want to see the oil separately, it should be incorporated as it goes in.
- Prepare spinach, wash and spin dry.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put spinach into a large bowl, tearing any large leaves.
- Add 2 tbs vinaigrette and toss well to coat.
- To finish:
- Divide spinach and arrange on 2 plates.
- Top with potatoes, tomatoes and cheese.
- Arrange pork around the edge of the salad and serve, remaining vinaigrette on the side.