Chicken and Asparagus Salad with Pasta
Total time: 30 minutes
Another dish that straddles to genres - not quite a pasta; not quite a salad. But it's perfect for spring, featuring: asparagus, spinach, green garlic and cherry tomatoes.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 6oz (180gr) asparagus
- 3oz (90gr) spinach
- 3/4 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes
- 3 green garlic substitute 3 green onions and 1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) pasta, bite-size, penne, rigatoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- To prepare:
- Cut chicken into bit-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl mix 2 tsp oil, soy sauce, cumin and paprika. Add chicken and stir well to combine. Set aside to marinate.
- Prepare spinach, wash and dry if needed.
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1 1/2" (4cm) lengths.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Trim green garlic and slice, using most of the green tops.
- To cook:
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, green garlic and sauté until asparagus is crisp-tender, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add chicken and all marinade to skillet and sauté, stirring, until cooked through.
- Reduce heat, return asparagus, green garlic to skillet and heat through.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, pasta and vinegar to skillet.
- Remove from heat and toss to combine. Serve.