Turkey and Green Bean Pasta Salad
Total time: 25 minutes
I used Heirloom Tomatoes in the salad, the yellow and red Ananas.
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 125gr) pasta, fusilli, rigatoni
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets or turkey breast
- 6oz (180gr) green beans
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 - 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbs snipped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse lightly in cold water.
- Top and tail beans. Cut into 1" lengths (2.5cm).
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Cut turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add green beans and red onion, stir-fry 2 - 3 minutes, until just crisp-tender.
- Remove to a large bowl.
- Add turkey, stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove and add to beans. Stir all to help cool a bit.
- Cut tomato into large chunks.
- Snip basil.
- Make vinaigrette:
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- To finish:
- Add a bit of vinaigrette to turkey, beans, onions, stir to combine.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, herbs and a bit more of the vinaigrette, stir gently and taste.
- Add more vinaigrette as desired. (I used it all.) Serve.