Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Tapenade
Total time: 25 minutes
By cooking the pasta and green beans together we save on cleanup and add a bit of flavor to the pasta. This is not really a salad but is served at room temperature to bring out the best of the flavors.
- 1 1/4 cups (4.2oz, 120gr) pasta, bite-size, penne, rigatoni
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Marinade for chicken:
1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- The rest:
- 6oz (180gr) green beans
- 8oz (240gr) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (1oz, 30gr) shredded cheese
- 3 - 4 tbs tapenade, black or green to taste
1 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Note cooking time and add beans to water during last 4 minutes.
- For chicken:
- Mix vinegar, Worcestershire, oil and oregano.
- Pour over chicken and allow to marinate for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cook on barbecue grill or in a nonstick skillet, 12 - 15 minutes, turning once.
- For the rest:
- Top and tail beans. Cut into 1 inch (2.5cm) pieces.
- Add to boiling pasta water during last 4 minutes of pasta cooking time.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Tear basil leaves if large.
- Put tomatoes, chickpeas, tapenade and olive oil in large bowl, mix gently.
- To finish:
- When pasta / beans are done, drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add to bowl and toss gently with tongs to combine.
- When chicken is done, remove, slice and add to pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves, cheese and serve.