Pasta with Tomato, Avocado, Mozzarella and Sausages
Total time: 25 minutes
This was inspired by a Tomato, Avocado and Mozzarella salad I saw in a Williams-Sonoma cook book. I am always looking for light summer meals, so I added pasta, some chives, basil and a light vinaigrette. To round it out we grilled sausages, sliced them and added them to the pasta. You could also use ham or smoked turkey.
- 8oz (240gr) sausages
- 1/2 package (ball) mozzarella
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs fresh, snipped basil (1/4 cup), leave small leaves whole
- 2 tbs fresh, snipped chives
- 1 cup (2.8oz, 80gr) pasta, farfalle
- 1 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs salad olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Cook sausages on barbecue grill for 8 - 12 minutes or until done OR pan fry for same amount of time, until done.
Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice mozzarella into thin slices then in cut in half.
- Cut avocado in half then each half in slices.
- Cut sausages into 1 inch slices.
Add tomato, mozzarella, sausage and chives to pasta and toss lightly.
- In a bowl whisk the oil, a little at a time, into the vinegars.
- Add to pasta, tossing to combine.
- Arrange avocado slices around the edge of the pasts and top with basil leaves - tearing the larger ones in half. Serve.
Note: You can put the pasta into a salad bowl, then arrange the avocado, or mound it in the center of a large platter, avocado slices around the edge.