Salad with Turkey, Mushrooms and Potatoes
Total time: 30 minutes
This is a colorful summer salad, with a relatively 'light' dressing. You can do the potatoes and turkey in a skillet or on the barbecue grill; the time is about the same. Use a mix of greens if you can.
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets
2 tbs Teriyaki marinade or sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, (10oz, 300gr)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) cherry tomatoes
- lettuce for 2 main meal salads
1 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp walnut or sesame oil
- 1 tbs good olive oil
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and coat with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Either cook in a pan on the barbecue if you are using, or sauté in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until done and lightly browned, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Put turkey on a plate and spoon Teriyaki marinade over both sides.
- Cook on barbecue grill for 4 - 6 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or sauté in nonstick skillet for the same amount of time. Remove and slice into strips.
- Slice onion and pepper.
- Trim and slice mushrooms.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in medium skillet. Add pepper, onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce and sauté 5 minutes longer, until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- The rest:
- Prepare lettuce, rinse and spin dry if needed.
- Slice avocado.
- Cut tomatoes in half
- To assemble:
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the lettuce and toss well to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and serve.