Ham, White Bean Salad, Thousand Island Dressing
Total time: 20 minutes
Assemble the salad while the eggs cook. Toss a little dressing with the lettuce, drizzle more on top. Easy, summer salads.
- 8oz (240gr) ham
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2oz (60gr) white cheddar or other cheese
1 1/4 cup (10oz, 300gr) white beans
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) yellow cherry tomatoes or regular or red
- 2 tbs fresh chives
- enough lettuce for 2 main dish salads
- Thousand Island Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbs capers, chopped
- 2 tbs good olive oil
- Cook eggs.
- Prepare lettuce, tear and put into a large salad bowl.
- Snip chives and add to lettuce
- Cut ham into cubes.
- Cut cheese into smaller cubes.
- Open, drain and rinse beans. Reserve unused portion for another use.
- Slice tomatoes.
- When eggs are done peel and roughly chop.
- Make dressing:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
To make Salad:
- Add 3 tbs dressing to lettuce and toss well to combine.
- Top with tomatoes, cheese, ham, beans and eggs.
- Drizzle a bit of dressing over the top and serve, remaining dressing on the side.