Chicken Salad with Potatoes, Asparagus
Total time: 30 minutes
Grilling the chicken breast and vegetables adds the perfect summer flavors to make this salad an easy hit.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or leftover chicken
- 2 medium potatoes
- 8oz (250gr) asparagus
- 3oz (90gr) cherry tomatoes
- 12 small Mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup green olives
- spinach and/or other spring greens for 2 large salads
- 1 tbs snipped basil
- 1 tbs snipped chives
- 1 tbs snipped parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil for potatoes
- Marinade for chicken
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs good olive oil
- In small bowl whisk together marinade for chicken, pour over chicken and set aside to marinate.
- When ready, remove chicken from marinade and cook on barbecue for 14 - 18 minutes, turning once.
- OR sauté for about the same amount of time - or until done.
- Cut potatoes into large bite-size pieces.
- Trim and cut asparagus into 2" (5cm) lengths.
- Toss potatoes with oil and cook on barbecue grill in grill pan, stirring frequently, for about 25 minutes or until brown and done.
- Add asparagus for the last 10 minutes of cooking time, stirring to combine with potatoes and oil in pan.
- OR sauté in large skillet until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes, adding the asparagus for the last 7 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette: In small bowl whisk mustard, ketchup and vinegar.
- Slowly add oil whisking constantly. You may have to stop adding oil and just whisk periodically - you don't want to see the oil separately - it should be incorporated as it goes into the mixture.
- Prepare spinach and lettuce, tear if needed and put in a large salad bowl.
- Cut tomatoes, olives in half and add to salad.
- Slice radishes, snip herbs and add to salad.
- Add mozzarella to salad.
- Add 2 - 3 tbs vinaigrette and mix well.
- Remove vegetables and chicken.
- Slice chicken.
- Add chicken and vegetables to salad, drizzle with remaining vinaigrette, toss gently and serve.