Grilled Sausages with Peppers and Onions
Total time: 25 minutes
Served in a bun this is more common as 'street food', but I prefer it without: more veg and less bread.... Use any kind of sausage you like: bratwurst, Italian, turkey, pork, beef, hot or not.
- 4 - 6 sausages, 12 oz total (360gr)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Slice pepper and onion about 1/3" (1cm) thick.
- Put olive oil in large bowl, add pepper and onion, toss well to coat.
- Put into 'grill pan' (a metal or foil pan dedicated to use on the grill) or onto a mesh grill pan (the idea is not to have the stuff fall through the grate into the fire....) Cook over medium heat 10 - 15 minutes, until they have a nice color.
- Cook sausages about the same amount of time - or until done.
- Or you can sauté the whole lot in a nonstick skillet: start with the peppers and onions and 1 tbs olive oil. Add the sausages after a bit.