Sautéed Mushrooms and Pecans on Butternut Squash
Braised Pork with Laurel (Bay)
Potatoes and Carrots with Bay
Braised Pork Loin with Bay Leaves (Laurel)
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yes, 12 bay leaves. We are actually going to taste a hint of bay in this roast and it's quite lovely. You can use either fresh or dried.
- 1 pork loin roast, 32oz (960gr)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 12 bay (laurel) leaves
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) of white wine
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp juniper berries
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In heavy pot or oven with tight-fitting lid, brown pork in olive oil.
- After turning pork, add sliced onions to brown as well.
- Add remaining ingredients, turn heat to low, cover and braise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove pork and keep warm.
- Strain juices, then return to pan. Reduce pan juices over high heat until slightly thickened and syrupy.
- Slice pork, pour pan juices over and serve.