Braised Savory Pork Chops
Total time: 30 minutes
There are a lot of intense flavors in the sauce for these chops; best served with simple side dishes. The sauce is reduced at the end, to thicken slightly.
- 2 - 4 pork chops, depending on size, 12oz (360gr) if boneless
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) sherry
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 3 tbs orange marmalade
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- In a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the chops, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and brown, 3 minutes per side.
- Mince garlic, add to chops and sauté briefly.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chops.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until pork chops are done and tender, about 20 minutes.
- When done, put chops on a small platter and cover with the pan lid.
- Increase heat under skillet and boil sauce for 2 - 3 minutes, to reduce slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chops and serve.