Fried Ham with Red-Eye Gravy
Total time: 20 minutes
Mushrooms aren't traditional but I like them.... And this style ham isn't traditional either, so...
- 2 - 4 slices ham, 12oz (360gr)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch (maizena) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Clean, trim and slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. When hot add paprika and sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Move mushrooms to the side and add the ham slices. Brown lightly on both sides.
- Add coffee, sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove ham to a small platter. Add cornstarch dissolved in water and stir until sauce is thick.
- Pour over ham and serve.